Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Christmas Shopping
Shopping is fun and annoying at the same time. I dont know why I enjoy it...I think it all runs in every womens blood..or maybe it is in the hormones. Most women are inclined to shop. And I dont know why in the midst of the traffic and rush in the stores with too many people shopping, i still enjoy it. I savor every minute of it...from pushing of the trolley cart to picking of things i like to fitting of clothes ...to paying... opps... with my chief financial officer with around..it then becomes annoying. This is the reason I dont want to shop with my husband, however if he knows that I am shopping he always would want to come with me. He is my kontrabida ( my villain). He will always try to stop me. He will bug me with questions like...Do you really need that? (Kailangan mo ba yan?) Did'nt you have that before? (Di ba may ganyan ka dati?) Isnt that too expensive? ( Baka may mas mura pa, mahal yan) or sometimes he will use other tricks like making me kunsensya... Its up to you , if thats what you want...I'm just thinking of the money we spend. (Ikaw gud mao man kaha imong gusto? basta ako sayangan ko sa kwarta.) He knows that the last trick will most of the time works because I am also working on my being compulsive spender... so that will make me think. Every purchase will be a deliberation of arguments and presentation of advantages and benefits...I am like a sales agent trying to convince my husband to approve the purchase. If my motivation is high , i would most likely be able to win the argument and sometimes I also use tricks of making sapotsapot kunuhay...til i will end up fighting with him and crying ...so he will say his yes!Last saturday, me and my husband went for our christmas shopping. It is the first time that i spent a whole day for shopping only . From the time the stores open at 930 in the morning till 12 midnight, hopping from one store to another and driving from one place to another. It drive us into two cities and took us ten stores to finish the day, i said finish the day coz even then I am not yet done. Still more to buy..It is not all from our pocket although i wish I am that rich. We shop for our christmas party in the church. Being the teacher of the Friday school ( I always have to elaborate this to avoid confusion - friday is same as sunday school since our church day here in UAE is friday); I was tasked to buy and wrapped gifts for the kids and youth. I am glad it was not all from my pocket because with the CFO around I know the deliberation will be long, all he could ask is...is it for us or the church? So i was able to buy other things for myself without too much bugging. I took advantage of buying our own christmas presents for our kids too at the amount that I like, and since I am redecorating our bedroom , I also bought new set of curtains and rods. I did told him that I bought a new things to accesorize the house. It bothers him a for a while but when he tried to open his mouth I quickly told him it was cheap and that it is already out in the counter.Whew, I feel like I was out from prison being able to buy without hassle...but when I get home and count all the expenses incurred..I was also worried having spend more than the budget...I came to realized...In the end my husband has his own point to be considered too. Even when it is annoying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment